The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a significant milestone in the Australian disability sector, promoting the inclusion and independence of people with disabilities. With over 4.3 million Australians living with disabilities, the NDIS plays a crucial role in ensuring they receive the necessary support and services. As participants and providers for the NDIS, it is our responsibility to uphold the NDIS Code of Conduct, ensuring a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for all participants.
The Code of Conduct sets out the standards and principles that guide the behaviour of all workers and service providers in the NDIS. It is designed to protect the rights of people with disabilities and ensure they receive quality services. The Code of Conduct encompasses several key elements, which include:
- act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination, and decision-making in accordance with relevant laws and conventions
- respect the privacy of people with disability
- provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill
- act with integrity, honesty, and transparency
- promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that might have an impact on the quality and safety of supports provided to people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence, exploitation, neglect, and abuse of people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.
Extract taken from NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
To download the complete NDIS Code of Conduct, we have attached the guidance for both service providers and workers below.
At Nightingale Software, we recognise the significance of maintaining the NDIS Code of Conduct and the profound influence it has on the lives of individuals with disabilities. Our specialised NDIS provider software platform is crafted to assist NDIS providers in effectively handling their support services, scheduling, and documentation, while complying to the Code of Conduct.